This Sunday cake bakers have a new opportunity to get involved with the Huddersfield Food and Drink Festival, with a Discover Huddersfield themed baking competition. The objective is to create a cake which represents your Huddersfield – perhaps taking inspiration from some of the great local produce or a favourite place.
The competition is open to anyone with an interest in baking and there are two categories: 12 years old and under, and over 12s. Bring your cake along to Festival between 9 and 11am and you could win some fantastic prizes including:
- sugarcraft tutorial by Just Darling Cakes
- signed Clandestine Cake Club cook book by founder Lynn Hill
- copy of the new Great British Bake Off book donated by Chol Theatre
- free tickets to Cake International
- kids baking set and Wilton cupcake decorating kit donated by Gourmet Kitchenware
- vintage cake stand and baking ingredients donated by Nouveau Cakes (aka me!)
We’ll be announcing the winners at 1pm tomorrow and we’re really pleased to have Susan from Gourmet Kitchenware (aka @gourmetmummy) as one of the judges.
Visit the Food and Drink website for the full entry conditions and to download a copy of the entry form.
P.S. We’re happy to take entries on the day so don’t worry if you not confirmed that you’re entering.